25 March 2013

Monday Mani: Creative Layering

This week's Monday Mani theme at PAA (Polish-aholics Anonymous) is creative layering. I used 3 layers for this mani, not including base coat or top coat.


I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do going into this, but I ended up with this color blocked mani loosely based on this design by Nails 4 Dummies!


I started with a base coat of Rimmel Grey Matter. I only did one coat because I knew I was going to layer something on top of it.


On top, I layered two coats of KBShimmer Elle. The polish description says: "The circus, full of fun, color, and a wonder for people of all ages. Lions, tigers, and elephants! Elle is our nail polish elephant. A pale grey jelly color, we added several pink glitters, white and grey glitters for a polish that soft and beautiful."

Because it's a jelly, I chose to layer it. You can see some issues on my middle finger. Elle took a bit to dry so I ended up smudging it. But....I just covered it up later on! This mani is great for covering up imperfections!


To do the blocking, I just taped off random sections and painted using Sinful Colors Black on Black and NYC MoMa. Finally I added topcoat to smooth everything out.



No comments:

Post a Comment