28 February 2014

Sweet Peacock & Water decals

These gorgeous flower water decals are another item I received from Born Pretty Store for review (disclosure policy).
I'm really liking reviewing their stuff simply because I would be buying it anyway! They're definitely is a bit of pressure to make my photos and mani look prefect since I am reviewing, but I've found a good spot in the house with some natural light that's been working really well. Plus I rather do few manis if they look awesome rather than a bunch that look like crap.

Anyway! I used two coats of Orly Sweet Peacock. It's super pretty, but Orly hates me. I've tried a few polishes before, but have given away/traded off/sold them all except one glitter because the formula just isnt compatible for me. The two coats were thin yet took FOREVER to dry even with fast dry top coat. Then this gorgeous mani chipped the next day :( it's lasting well on my toes though.


The decals are super easy to use. Just cut out whatever flower you want to use (I trim pretty close to it), take off the front plastic protection, place in a small bowl of water, and wait a bit. The decal will usually separate after 30 seconds to 1 minute. Use tweezers to gently place the decal on your nail. If you've done top coat before this step, your nail surface will be slippery and you can easily slide the decal around. Then let dry a bit, and add top coat!
I didn't do the top coat step prior to my decals this time. So I had a few minor places where the vines of the flowers went off the color base. I used my clean up brush and acetone and was able to clean that right up! I was very pleasantly suprised to find that out!!


I love use water decals sooooo much! I have a few I've purchased myself in the past. They are simple to use and make manis look so nice.
Don't forgot to use my discount code if you want to get these decals (or anything else) from Born Pretty Store.



No comments:

Post a Comment