10 March 2014

Green Glitter Gradient

I'm not a person who is super big into fashion. I'm a jeans and tshirt kinda gal. And when I say tshirt I mean the kind with pictures on them like from Threadless. My husband is the same way, and we buy similar stuff for our little guy like this super cute shirt we just order from Kohls!

Anyway, I was browsing some photos from Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week for some inspiration. I came across the Zang Toi Fall 2014 collection inspired by 1930s Shanghai. It's beautiful! He used mostly a black palette with pops of emerald green. The designs are timeless and seem very wearable too. Zang Toi also worked with Zoya for this show (as the two have in the past)

I picked one of the cocktail dresses and created a mani inspired by it.

started with a base of Wet n Wild Black Creme. Then I added a gradient at the tips using NYX Girls Emerald Forest. Finally I added a super sparse layer of Orly Mermaid Tale to the whole nail.


Here's the mani by itself. I love how it came out, and my husband did too. He said it was "cool" which is sorta big because he hasn't said anything lately about my other manis :P

No comments:

Post a Comment