20 May 2012

Zoya Sooki Holo-fied

I actually did this mani last week for Mother's Day. Red is my mom's favorite color so it was inspired by her.

I started off with 2 coats of Zoya Sooki. It's such a beautiful true red. I planned on layering this so I left it at 2 coats, but I could have used a third as you can see you VNL here.  There's no clean-up here since I planned on layering it.

I decided to pump up the volume and layered 1 coat of Hits No Olimpo Hefesto on top. Hefesto is a sheer silver holo that makes it great for layering over other colors to holo-fy them.  I think I need 12 more bottles of it.


The only problem with Hefesto is the brush is kinda large and hard to work with. On the left is a China Glaze brush, middle is Hits, and right is O.P.I.  I have small nail beds to large brushes are hard for me to work with.


Okay, onto holo picture spam!



And a close-up to show all that holo glitter. I apologize for the bit of mess. Sooki is super pigmented (though thin) so it was hard to get the red off my skin!


1 comment:

  1. I love the way Sookie looks! Too bad about how it stains the skin. It's annoying when a polish does that. Blue does it a lot.

    ReplyDelete