06 July 2013

It's My Birthday!!!!

Today I'm turning 28 so I needed to do some nail art to celebrate!

I've been really wanting to do this jelly flower sandwich by Olive View Fashion that exploded in popularity all over Reddit and Pinterest. I only have a handful of jelly polishes though. Luckily one of them is OPI Guy Meets Gal-veston. As I mentioned in last year's birthday post, this polish is very fitting to use in my birthday mani because I was born in Galveston, Texas! It read very orange-y in last year's posts, but it's much more pink like it shows in these photos.


After putting on my base coat, I added three coats of Guy Meets Gal-veston. Next, I added two flowers using my dotting tool and Wet N Wild French White Creme. Then another layer of Guy Meets Gal-veston, then two more flowers, then another layer of Guy Meets Gal-veston, then one more flower, then top coat. Phew!


On my index and pinkie fingers, I added on 1.5 coats of Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday followed by top coat.


Overall the look is super girly and festive and a great non-traditional birthday mani. Perfect for a summer birthday too!!!

10 comments: