24 June 2013

Essence Date in the Moonlight

I went to a wedding at the beginning of the month and wanted to do a simple but elegant mani for the occasion.  I decided to wear a blue striped summer dress and chose to use Essence Date in the Moonlight which I picked up a bit ago.


Date in the Moonlight is a super dark navy blue with brighter blue shimmer.  It's part of the Color and Go collection so the fast dry aspect appealed to me.  It went on wonderfully in two coats. 

It chipped really easily though :( I did this mani two days before the wedding, and it completely peeled off the day before so I had to redo it. It didn't peel off that time, but I had a few chips before the ceremony was even over.


I added some silver glitter on the tips using Barry M Silver Glitter and rhinestones on the moon.

This last picture is taken in direct sunlight and really shows off the brighter blue shimmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment