11 June 2013

June Polish Days: To Boldly Go


The theme for this month's Polish Days is To Boldly Go. Anything sci-fi goes for this theme.

I'm fairly new to the cult of Doctor Who (just started the 11th Doctor), but I've been wanting to do Doctor Who nails since I got hooked.  Doctor Who nails work perfectly for the sci-fi theme!

On my nails I painted (from index to pinkie), the 9th Doctor's outfit (he's my favorite!), the (new) Doctor Who logo, a Dalek, and the T.A.R.D.I.S.


I started my painting the base I needed for each image. Here's what I used:
Index: Essie Brooch the Subject
Middle: Zoya Storm
Ring: Revlon Gold Coin
Pinkie: Revlon Royal


Then I added on the details using some small nail art brushes and several different polishes. Here are the rest of the polishes I used:
Index: Revlon Royal (blue), Wet N Wild Black Creme (black)
Middle: Barry M Silver Foil (silver)
Pinkie: Wet n Wild Black Creme, Wet n Wild French White Creme


I adore how this came out. The Dalek and the 9th Doctor's outfit are my favorite :)


Check out other mani from June's Polish Days through the links below


8 comments:

  1. lovely mani, I also got hooked on Doctor Who recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I need to watch Doctor Who, because I have no idea what a Dalek and TARDIS is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. A TARDIS is a spaceship, and a Dalek is a sort of robotic alien villian :)

      Delete
  3. I get upset when I see people telling people who want to start watching Who and don't know where to start, that they should "skip Nine".

    NO DON'T SKIP NINE. NINE IS AWESOME.

    Nice dalek nail! I thought about doing a dalek but decided against it. I'm bad at detail stuff (as you'll see from my shit-tastic TARDIS nail)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 9 is awesome!

      And your TARDIS looks great! Lots more detail than mine.

      Delete