21 November 2012

Guest Post: Raquel from 9ml Universe


Today's guest post is from Raquel.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone! Raquel from 9ml Universe here! ^^

First of all, I'd to thank Jessica for inviting me to do this, it's not something people ask often, and to me, it's always an honour when they do. So, when Jessica contacted me, she told me she was having a baby and I immediately knew I wanted to do something related to that, but had no idea of what it could be...until I came up with something, but it was in a shade of blue...but what if she was having a girl? :S I asked and got lucky, she was having a boy and I could proceed with the manicure I had in mind. 

What I end up doing doesn't scream baby, I just wanted something pretty and soft in some relatable colours. I went through my stash (really smal at the moment, as most of my nail polish is at my parent's house) and came up with the perfect colour for what I had in mind, Eyeko Rain - a beautiful, soft, grayish blue. I used 2 coats of it and then, using Essence Stampy in silver I made a french manicure and stamped over it with my DRK-B plate. To give it that soft look, I finished it with my favourite matte top coat, Kiko 3 in 1 Mat.







I was really pleased with how this turned out, and I find the colours really suitable for a newborn baby boy. What do you all think?

Once again, congratulations on the new baby, Jessica! Hope everything is going well with both of you.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Wow, this is beautiful! Thanks, Raquel.

2 comments: