19 November 2012

Guest Post: Rebecca from Polish Etc.

Today's guest post is from Rebecca.

*********************************************************************************

First of all, congratulations to Jessica for her beautiful baby boy! My name is Rebecca from the blog Polish Etc and I was ecstatic to be asked to guest post while she is on maternity leave. I spent several days trying to decide what to show y'all. I have a fairly large stash of nail polishes (somewhere in the hundreds, I refuse to count because then I have to acknowledge how much money I've spent on polish) and could easily show you any color of the rainbow, but I wanted to do something special. I ended up re-creating one of my favorite techniques: the stained glass manicure.
Stained Glass Manicure
The polishes I used were mostly China Glaze (108 Degrees, Red-Curl-Girl, Riveting, Sun-Kissed, Frostbite,  and Blue Sparrow) with one piCture pOlish (Warning) since my collection seems to be lacking a good purple China Glaze (must remedy that...).
Stained Glass Manicure
This technique is really simple to do and easy if you have a steady hand. You simply make dots of color in all different sizes across your nails. Once the dots are dry you use a tiny paintbrush and a dense black polish to outline all of the dots. The effect looks amazingly like a beautiful work of art. 
Stained Glass Manicure
Isn't it gorgeous?
Thanks Jessica for the opportunity to guest post here on Ruby's Nails! I hope you are enjoying this wonderfully special time with Tristan.

*********************************************************************************
OMG!!! This is amazing!!! I must try this when I find some time in the future. Thanks so much Rebecca.

1 comment: