21 November 2011

Monday Mani: Lace

Over at Polish-aholics Anonymous, we decided this week's Monday Mani theme is..... LACE!

I had a hard time with this challenge. I would have stamped on a pattern since a Google search showed many other doing so, but I don't have my stamping plates yet! I also would have used real lace, but I don't have that either, so freehanding it was.

I redid this whole manicure twice. It frustrated me so much. As a base, I used O.P.I. Stranger Tides. I don't know about others, but I had a hard time applying this. It was a streaky mess and wouldn't even out.
With flash

I placed several black dots in a diagonal in Sinful Colors Black on Black. I just used my brush, but you could use a dotting tool. Then I filled in the space with black up to the tips. Under the black diagonals, I sorta outlined it and added tiny black dots using a Migi nail art pen. You could use a small paintbrush or toothpick. Finally, I added dots of Stranger tides on top of the black using a bobby pin (my dotting tools haven't arrived yet) where each of the black swooshes are.

Natural Light

Even though it was a PITA, I really love this manicure and can't wait to try it in several different colors.

1 comment: