08 November 2011

Swatches

Here's some swatches of the newest polishes that I've gotten.
Nina Ultra Pro Purple-xing
I got this color about 2 weeks ago at Sally Beauty. It's a super awesome 1 coat purple glitter. If you look at the polish, it is super textured and definitely needs a top coat (which I didn't put on since I was just going to take it off). Like the other Nina Ultra Pro polishes that I have tried, it goes on super great.
Julep Alfre
This is a swatch of Julep Alfre that I got in my Julep Maven box. It went on really great in two coats. It seems a little light in this picture, but it's not really the color. It's actually a bit darker. I've had nothing but cloudy weather here so photographing anything is awful. I would best describe this color as a metallic silver with a hint of purple.
Julep Cameron

I'm really not a big fan of this color. Bright, almost neon pinks like this are not my thing, nor do I think it goes well with my skin tone. It went on pretty good in two coats, but probably could use another coat.

Finger Paints Paper Mache
 I got this color at Sally Beauty this week. I really needed a white polish to use for nail art. All I had before was my Migi nail art pens, E.L.F. White that takes forever to get opaque, and french tip white. This is two coats. I know that whites can be streaky, but this one looks pretty good for two coats.
Sally Hansen Flirt
I got this color at my local grocery store. It was on sale for $2.79, plus I had a $.50 off coupon that doubled making this only $1.79! I'm not sure what's going on with this picture though. I put on two coats of the color, and it looked completely opaque. In this picture, though, I clearly needed a third coat! It looks pretty red here, but I'd say it's more of a maroon-ish, dark purple with a hint of shimmer.
Finger Paints Sparkle Top Coat
This has been on my wishlist! I was at Sally's this weekend and saw it by the register so I snapped it up! Luckily I did because the cashier said it was the one of the last 4 they had! It's this beautiful micro glitter with crazy shine! I probably won't wear this by itself (it does have top coat in it's name, lol), but I wanted to show you'll what it looked like on its own.
Then I layered it over all the colors I just swatched above to see what it could do.
Finger Paints Paper Mache, Sally Hansen Flirt, Julep Alfre, Julep Cameron
So I was not a big fan of Cameron plain, but with the Sparkle Top Coat I like! I also like Flirt this way. I don't think there's much distinction when it's over white so I don't think I'll do that again.
Which one is everyone's favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment